Certificate Course in Secondary Years (Course A)
- Course Duration
- Assessment Self / Peer / Teacher
- Certificate Yes
- Language English
- Lessons 12
- Course Capacity 32
Who can apply
- What are the requirements?
- Fresh graduates/ B.Ed/post -graduates who aspire to be teachers. A B.Ed degree is preferred.
- Currently employed teachers looking for growth and furthering their knowledge and skills
- Parents who would like to have a holistic view of child development
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
The overall aim of this course to produce professional teachers who have the theoretical knowledge and understanding, combined with practical skills, competencies and attitudes to teach to high national and international standards.
The main objectives of the course are as follows:
- To help teachers develop knowledge, teaching competencies and performance skills and strategies to cater to the needs of the new generation of learners
- To provide the teachers with specific strategies to bridge the gap between theoretical understanding and practical application of educational principles
- To empower the teachers to know, understand the requirements of content and methodology across national and international curricula
- To enable the teacher to develop a global perspective to her teaching and impart the same to the learners
- To sensitise the teachers to the personality and needs of the new-age learners and sustain the love of learning
- To enhance the teachers ability to manage behavioural problems by using techniques of conflict resolution
- To assist teachers to create creative and out-of –the –box activity based lesson plans that interest and engage the learners while delivering the content effectively
- To build an atmosphere of free inquiry in the classroom by using inquiry –based and problem- based models of learning
- To enrich the ability of the teacher to develop effective and relevant instructional materials to enhance the teaching-learning process
- To equip the teachers with the necessary knowledge and techniques of effectively managing large student numbers in the classroom
- To impart to the teachers tried and tested strategies to manage time effectively
- To enhance the teacher’s knowledge, understanding and practical implementation of assessment strategies
- To provide the teachers with differentiation strategies to adjust the curriculum, teaching methods and assessment to the needs of the learners
- To enable teachers to understand and integrate technology and IT effectively and seamlessly into the teaching learning process
- To build /enhance the confidence and self-esteem of the teacher and to create a supportive and non-intimidating classroom atmosphere.